The garden is located in Gran Canaria.
It is mainly dedicated to the endemic flowers and plants of the seven islands of the Canary archipelago.
It was founded in 1952 with the aim of preserving and protecting the flora of the islands. In recent years a large number of new plant species have been discovered and classified, especially of the flora of the islands, which has contributed greatly to the knowledge of the world heritage.
With an area of 27 hectares, it is the largest in Europe.